Tuesday, April 24, 2018

I know what I said, but...

...I have some word vomit.

So, whether it is a good thing or a bad thing-here is a post.

I have a little downtime today so, yep.



Observations on swimsuits.

First of all, they are required in most pools. But the ocean doesn't mind.
Which made me consider not taking one on the trip.
A woman who goes to Florida without a swimsuit? Blasphemy you say?

No, sanity, actually.

You see...while I have preached on about mirror avoidance-when you have to be in front of people other than your awesome husband in Lycra and spandex-ON PURPOSE...the mirror is kind of important. You have to try on the things and look at the "things" in the mirror to make sure that you don't look like someone might mistake you for-say a---beached whale or because it is Florida...a manatee or something. But, here's how I know that I won't be mistaken. My Lycra water resistant material and fat container is actually black with white polka dots. You don't see many whales or manatees for that matter- with polka dots...the the likelihood of that is at least...slim. (unlike me...in a swimsuit-or clothes...or skin)
Sigh.

I mean...what is the deal with swimsuits? They don't hide anything. They actually accentuate things that you don't want accentuated. Like FAT. Like creases, like dimples, and worst of all...cottage cheese. This is cellulite, for those of you who don't know-and,  By the way...I hate you.

So my thinking was that I could totally get away without taking one...
I can do the full sundress in the ocean, yeah?

Ok, ok....I know I need to take the damn thing. I know because there could be a pool at some point. Hopefully I can stay away from people. Or maybe I could just paint myself green and go as the creature from the black lagoon? With polka dots.
I'm fat....not un-stylish.

The mirror was cruel. As always.

I'm sorta kidding, by the way. I know how absolutely frightening I look in a swimsuit-but anyone who doesn't want to look...doesn't have to.
I will be wearing my dots proudly and hoping to avoid fisherman's nets.

And the diet is still not going well. I'm considering speaking with my doctor about a pill, maybe. Something to help. Because just eating right (and mostly not eating right) is not working. I haven't lost a pound. Not even one.
I haven't gained anything-so there's that. But while I have lost a lot through my life-weight is not one of those things.
But, I did have a nice lunch today. A vinaigrette quinoa bowl with veggies. It was actually pretty tasty-low cal, low carb, high protein, heart healthy.
But, I haven't been doing that everyday. And therein lies the problem.

And I'm sure while on vacation...I won't be good, even with effort. Sigh.

So, what I am planning on is this...until I speak with the doctor.

Swimsuit-check.
Mirror-check.
Full body mirror selfie in said polka dot monstrosity-check.
Post on fridge (as soon as we get home from Florida)

That should keep me in...... Check.

Ok, probably not-but there are worse ways.

I actually split the leg of my shorts from last year when I put them on today.

#thestruggleisreal.

XOXO,
Bathing (not so) beauty.





No comments:

Post a Comment

While I'm Away...

Consider this... Hi, guys. So, as many of you know-and maybe, some who don't-I am currently in the throes of writing my first no...